This years greatest gifts/moments/etc.
-Running Naked on Virginia Beach with good friends
-Renovating a house built in 1910
-Touring with Brett Dennen
-Touring with David Gray
-Touring with Erin Mckeown
-Releasing Fields & Floods
-Playing with my nieces and nephews on Thanksgiving
-Skateboarding with Colby
-Seeing Justin at Grandparents house
-Seeing Court almost beat up by a wandering drunk.
-Meeting so many amazing people across the continent.
-Recording my Mothers Christmas cd.
-Watching the last episode of season three of the office.
-Putting Christmas lights on our house.
Favorite records during 2007:
1. Red House Painters - Songs For A Blue Guitar
2. Band of Annuals - Let Me Live
3. Sufjan Stevens - Christmas
4. Margot and the Nuclear So and So's - The Dust Of Retreat
5. Brett Dennen - So Much More
6. Modest Mouse - The Moon and Antartica
7. Two Gallants - Two Gallants
8. Mark Kozelek - Little Drummer Boy (Live)
9. Lex Land - Orange Days on Lemon Street
10. Kings of Leon - Because Of The Times
11. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Howl
12. Elliott Smith - New Moon
13. Iron and Wine/Calexico - In The Reins
14. Rufus Wainwright - Release The Stars
15. John Prine - Fair & Square
16. Jose Gonzalez - In Our Nature
17. Leonard Cohen - Best
18. The Magic Numbers - The Magic Numbers
19. My Morning Jacket - Z
20. Over The Rhine - Trumpet Child
Most Disappointing Record in 2007
1. Rilo Kiley - Under The Black Light
The Most Amazing Hummus Recipe Ever:
1 1/2 cups cooked or canned chick-peas, drained and
3 cloves roasted garlic (see note)
1 chipotle pepper, canned in adobo (see note 2)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons honey
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons tahini
1/4 c olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Place the chick-peas, chipotle, cumin, honey, lemon
juice, and tahini in processor and process until
smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the oil
until emulsified. Add the parsley and season with
salt and pepper. May be erated for 1 day; serve at
room temperature. Make about 1 1/2 cups. (Megan
usually doubles the recipe).
1. To oven-roast a head of garlic, first cut off the
top. Rub the garlic with olive oil and sprinkle with
salt and pepper, wrap it in foil, and place it on a
baking sheet. Roast at 300 degrees F until soft,
about 45 minutes.
2. Canned chipotle peppers in adobo and ancho chile
powder are available at Hispanic or gourmet markets.
Then use pitas grilled and salted with kosher salt.
Keep your love livid.
Life can be so pretty.